Im working on 4.0 on atmfiler, with a quite nice feature upgrade.
Also I gonna post some info/worklogs on fixing retro consoles. Most likely NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom and PC Engine.
I figured I might mention some examples for the application atmfiler, its quite neat in many circumstances.
It's mainly an application for power users, administrators and such.
- Update applications - you can automatically update applications with this, so your applications on several locations keeps updated.
- Automatically clear logfiles and such - after a specific timeframe you can move away less critical files to a long term storeage, ea log files, database backups for example.
- Make a failsafe folder - Like "My Documents", always keep a secondary folder as a mirror and save ALL changes to files with a version history.
- Sync multiple folders - It's easy to sync a folder aswell, just have the two folders as destination and source to each other and use the sync function on all folders.
- Sort your media - Move files from your possible already maxed out "Cloud Camera" Upload -folder to a local backup with in neat folders.
- Lightweight - No hidden bloat or anything, just straight out from the compiler.
- Compatible - If you manage to install .NET 2.0 or later you are good to go!
- Multiple services - If you have several configurations on the same computer and want to run them all in service mode, no problem!
- Move specific files - If you want to backup documents and pictures to different folders there is a setting for that aswell.
- To state the obvious - Move a file from folder A to folder B, C and D.
Would very much like to hear from you about your area of application for atmfiler.
Follow me on twitter:
Some sort of service release.
Got a bunch of files that refused to be moved due to some wierd file attributes, this release fix this.
It wont remove the original file attributes on the destination files, just on the source if the move-flag is active.
Download update below.
Now also tested with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, working as intended.
New version available, mostly behind the scenes fixes.
- Fixed issues involving delay combine with running as a service.
- Added the possibility to edit the folders, instead of remove and add.
Grab the one you want, setup or just the zip-file.
atmfiler passed 1K downloads and has been given 4.5/5 in rating.
At least, its not a complete flop. 🙂
Quite decent for such a narrow application.
Some plans for the future is to make a Docker container, that would be neat.
An updated version is in development, 3.5 is coming after the testing has been done.
Also, if you had found use of atmfiler and somehow use it in some sort of production environment, please let me know.
Two new features!
- Added the possibility to create a custom date-folder. Characters that are unavailable for naming folders cant be used here aswell, such as : / \
- Added better delay for sync/copy. Pre 3.4 you could specify how many days old a file must be before sync/copy. Now you can specify days, hours and down to minutes for better precision.
atmRename is a batch-file-renamer.
You can add custom name, datetime from file or you can remove a custom string chunk from filename.
- Threading upon working on the renaming, the application does not freeze when a huge job is being done.
- Add custom string at end of filename or at the beginning.
- Remove old filename or parts of it.
- Add datetime-string in custom formats.
Some custom date-strings, remember that filenames cannot contain \/: etc.
year four digit is: yyyy
Example yyyy-MM-dd - hh.mm.ss-test will look like 2014-02-28 - 11.01.01-test
Download (17k): atmRename-bin-0.3
I was looking for an application that could rename multiple files with exactly the datetime format I like.
So I wrote one, and its doing its job. woop woop!
So, what is new?
Here we go!
- If the source-folder contains thousands and thousands of files the sync would progress slow at the beginning.
Now it checks the files for locks when the copy process started.
- When running in GUI the application would logg twice if logging
was enabled, fixed now.
- Fix for the progressbar upon stop, correctly resets the indicators.
- Optimized the code, size and speed.
- More clear options in GUI whetever you want to sync or move files.
Installer with setup: atmfiler-3.3-setup
Portable ZIP: atmfiler-3.3.zip
Atmfiler helps you to keep files updated in two or more location with the sync mode activated.
You may have a folder you always wanna have backup on with the option to overwrite older files, or make a copy on older files. A copy will be placed in the same folder with filename(0).txt filename(1).txt and so on.
This config is based upon one or more "master" folders, the slave folders will backup from this master folder. You can have one slave folder that overwrites old files so it resembles the master folder, and you can have another slave folder to save a version of all changes from the master folder.
This sync is one way based.
You can also have a two way based sync, in this case you just add a new master folder which is the previous slave folder like this picture show. And you will have a two way sync.
- Atmfiler can handle folders that does not exist for the moment, like a USB-stick. When the USB becomes available the sync will start
- There are no limitations if the folders are local or on the network.
- You can ignore subfolders if you like.
- You can let the application wait x days before it syncs.
- Logging all the events done.
- Filters and wildcard for just syncing *.jpg files, or for example files that starts with PHOTO. Unlimited filter rules per folder.
- Three way to handle file collisions, overwrite, create a new file and skip.
- You can create subfolders to easy manage photos for example, theese are available: MMMM yyyy, yyyyMMdd with both date of the copied file and file creation date. (january 2014 or 20140101)
- Possible to add a new file prefix, like COPIED_, that will then be COPIED_file.txt (only available in move)
- Move files to a folder, as soon as any file arrives (which contains all the above possible parameters) the file is transfered to one or up to unlimited amount of destination folders.
- Unlimited numbers of master-folders aswell.
- No limitations on the amout of sync data.
- Handle folders "in motion", new files can arrive without issues.